Tuesday, 10 January 2012
|Had to redo this but then....|
|All covered just need a gimp to cover the staples|
I am so pleased, this is the culmination of my degree, and I feel confident about being in Birmingham. For all that I dyed the fabric, painted the frame and did the upholstery there are still people I owe a thank you to.... Thanks to all who helped!
Saturday, 7 January 2012
Started at 9.30 am and worked my socks of until Si did us some dinner.....now at a stage where I am happy and want to get finished, can see it coming together
Once I am happy with my work I sign it...Hope I can pull it off!
|Placement of the roses...ideas|
|Covering with cotton before putting my final fabric on....|
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Had a very busy day but have accomplished much ...chair re-sanded. Fabric is coming together I hope just putting a little darker shade round the kudu on back cushion, still a little concerned about side pieces as I have cut them on the wrong way not sure I have extra fabric. Same for the back. Will post tomorrow again and then back to work...
Sunday, 1 January 2012
Two cushions :-for my sister as Mom, who has been visiting is returning home...
Struggling with fabric that does appear the same colour. Is not same colour. Velvet reflects in the light and shades of blue can be so different even though on this the second attempt with a second lot of fabric I have tried to dye every thing and do one rinse all pieces ... unfortunately using different brand of dye. New Years Eve and News Years day took another shot at sorting this, will see tomorrow in day light how this is going.
|Rather faded worn look that I think I like...as long as I can get the back to match. Roses will be stronger.|
|...just doing my usual and trying something so way out...no more material may need more. The whole lot will need redoing if that is the case (new fabric).|