Monday, 28 May 2012

Another New Beginning...

I have been very quite for the last while pondering on how best to go forward- The 'Birmingham' commercial route where new , exciting, different, things that can be produced type ideas are very important or  it is as a designer maker.
I am now coming to like the idea of making work to sell ... at present   the  time is not right to be chasing 'jobs'....rather be honing and polishing existing skills.

And with this idea I applied to  Saltburn Arts fair.....


"I am delighted to confirm that you have been selected to take part in the 2012 Saltburn Arts Fair.
Panel:

Cherie Frederico, Editor Aesthetica Magazine www.aesthetica.com
James Beighton, Curator mima www.mima.com
Becky Mitchell, Profile Gallery
Jenny Hall, Independent Curator

The resounding feeling was one of excitement expressed by the panel and all of us can't wait to see your work exhibited."   



New project....and an excuse to do more fabric
This style is what I want for myself  so if it does not sell it has a home...anyone who knows or see something similar in style for sale ( cheap, any condition) let me know... 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Congratulations Colleen. Can't wait to see what you do with the chair, it has such a gorgeous shape. xT

    ReplyDelete