Saturday, 16 August 2014

AFTER REFLECTION TIME....

Since leaving work I gave myself the challenge not to just keep working but to take time to reflect on my practice.  After plenty of re thinking looking back and reading up on portfolio how what etc, I found some wisdom that I have decided to apply. 
I have spent so long trying to all sort of  styles and ways of working I need to accept what is me and push that forward I know people have not had an interest in it so far but I need to persevere as my portfolio will tell a more coherent story about me and my process than  the chopping and changing.

So to this end while at college I have always enjoyed drawing painting/printing in a way I draw redraw print explore put together and then like to pull it to pieces or more so allow things to break up and then reuse what I find, I like crisp clear vectors fell in love with illustrator, always drawn to pop art and dots and graphics, but flip side like grunge and texture so this is a first tentative visual of this idea.
Its scary but would like and illustration portfolio, the side I may not have is the  commercial slant so either some one has to like my work ethic/outcomes and set or challenge me to a 'live' brief. so I can test this, or not sure.... but here goes. 
Think I will always have a few strands/portfolios,  still got fingers crossed that the commissions I have put an application in for will come through will see in september.











No comments:

Post a Comment